Friday, November 9, 2012

September/October update

Ok, so it's been awhile, and I thought I'd summarize what I've been up to lately and explain why I haven't written. This post has no recipes or real gardening information. In fact, since it's mostly friends and family that read this thing, I'm considering changing it up and making this blog a little more personal. While I haven't been posting, I've still been taking lots of pictures. September and October were busy.

I went to LA and saw some cacti.
And had fun with old friends on the beach.
I went to the beach again, (this time on the east coast) and became engaged to my life long love and number one ally.
We came back to Portland and saw thousands of swifts funnel into a chimney. Amazing!
The grapes came and went, and I made tons of jam.

We went to a beautiful wedding in Asheville, and Drew started to grow a mustache.
The fall seeds sprouted.
  I grew a pumpkin, and picked some more with my bestie. 
And then we carved them.
I planted garlic. 
Drew's family visited and helped us drink the brown ale he made with the hops from our garden. 

 I got a new job (or two) and get to see this on the bus on the way to work.
 I didn't take this photo, but this is what it looks like.
So yeah, lots of things happened in September and October. I never thought I'd say this, but in a way I'm looking forward to the rainy season, for things to quiet and settle down, and to have time to enjoy my engagement. I can't wait for Thanksgiving with friends and to celebrate with my west coast family. I'm also looking forward to working in my neglected garden again, even when it's muddy and the only thing growing are greens and garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment